In Class activity
Data synthesis activity
Discuss step 2: sketch mandala and prepare interview questions (assigned Wednesday October 1, due Monday October 6).
(1)Sketch out family tree
(2) sketch out 2×2 framework with two forces for the future where your family is situated.
(3) sketch out family timeline
(4) sketch mandala and prepare interview questions
(5) Fill out matrix for each persona. http://ixdcourse.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/cscp-personas-dimensionsv1-0.docx
1) Documentary | Frontline: Separate and Unequal (52 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIGSRCbFZs
2) What current events in education relate to your persona family
step 3: “interview” participants, synthesize data into mandala. (assigned Monday October 6, due Wednesday October 8).
Documentary | Frontline: Generation Like (56 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmgXxB9QiA
Documentary | Frontline: Two American Families (85 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLubV28PqpU
Documentary | Frontline: Separate and Unequal (52 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIGSRCbFZs
How does resilience play out in your personas families? http://www.100resilientcities.org/